Sunday, November 19, 2017

Sunday, 19 November 1944


Today, the British Second Army captured Geilenkirchen in Germany. 

Sunday, 19 November 2017

Notice anything interesting about the two dates?  I reopened Excel this morning after the computer re-booted overnight and notice that Uncle Bill’s minions had pushed some templates for universal calendars.  Since I’d just finished working with some period data, I thought, what the heck and downloaded the 12 month version.  Plugging my modelling year of 1944 into the handy dandy input cell on the first tab, I had a 1944 calendar.  Clicking on the December tab, I was surprised to see that my birthday (the 1st) fell on a Friday, just like this year.  Somewhere, deep in the cobwebs of memory, are recollections of year types and lists of identical years.  Too much trouble to keep track of.  But here is a versatile free tool that can help you generate a sense of time and period on your RR.


1944 matches 2017 from March on as this is not a leap year.  2018 will be a day to day match on dates throughout the year for 1945.  Happy Modelling!


John Barry
North Bay Lines
Golden Gates and Fast Freights

Lovettsville, VA

No comments:

Post a Comment