Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Santa Fe Equipment Survey II-Contents



            In my earlier post on the Santa Fe WWII fleet freight car distribution I mentioned the source document was a pair of equipment surveys preserved in the California State Railroad Museum.  You can see the initial distribution data here:  http://northbaylines.blogspot.com/2014/05/building-wwii-santa-fe-fleet-iv.html

            What I didn’t have at that time was a copy of the table of contents.  That describes more succinctly the wealth of data available than can I in paraphrasing it.  Page one of the 1944 TOC is presented below.




Page two follows.




The 1944 update includes the complete 1939 report and the TOC reflects both editions.  You may click on either to get the full size image.  I will be posting further analysis of the data in future posts.


John Barry
Cameron Park, CA

4 June 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment